The Edments Building – part of Adelaide’s history
The Edments Building was erected in 1926-27 and is a wonderful example of architecture from that period.
Designed by George Gavin Lawson, this seven storey building is of brick with rendered dressings. Its top storey has a series of large arched windows topped with a decorative parapet.
The cantilevered verandah has a central motif featuring the name of the building. This photo was taken in the 1970’s.